You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some items don't show at certain zoom level

• Staff

Thanks, i've opened your file in the beta and can see the issue with pixel layer failing to redraw completely past your referenced zoom distance, and even continues if I delete every single object in your document so it's just the flower pixel layer, however if I do either of the following:

1. Move the Pixel layer slightly (and then move it back to it's exact original location)
  2. Right click > Rasterise the layer

The redraw issue does not continue, so i'm not sure how realistic it will be in terms of replicating it from scratch, but could you confirm if either of the above sorts this out for you?

I tried option 1, moving it just a pixel or two over, then moving it back. Same behavior.

Option 2 works, though I'm curious, isn't a pixel layer already rasterized? Or is it 're-rasterizing'?

One thing I noticed is that if I merge the layer above ("merge down"), which has a mask that also affects the left flower pot, that also resolved the zooming behavior.

Lastly: Out of curiosity, I installed the beta of Photo2 on my Mac and found that it does the same thing on the Mac version.

Cheers,

Brett.

• Staff

Rasterising a pixel layer is essentially just re-flattening a pixel layer again, but can sometimes help in unusual scenarios, with Option 2 I had to move the pixel layer quite a far distance away and then set it back to it's original X/Y location in the transform panel again, I also noticed the issue persists over Mac, but I don't have much in terms of reproducing this from scratch to log it with, if you have any further detail on how this pixel layer was originally created that would be great.