You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mysterious line showing up in TOC

I've started working on a book originally created in AffPub ver 1. Now I'm in ver 2.0.4. Everything seems to be OK, except for one thing: When I update the TOC, a mysterious line shows up at the bottom of each of the 3 TOC pages. It's covering ca. half of the page column, aligned right, as is the page numbers. I can't find where the line is coming from,  I can't catch it to delete it.

I've opened the ver 1 document several times, and each time I do an update of the TOC this line shows up at the bottom of each TOC pages.

Anybody having an idea of what's causing the issue? See attached file.

Geir

TOC.jpg

The first thing I would do is to toggle visibility of each layer in the Layers panel one by one to see which layer it's associated with.

If it's associated with the text frame containing the TOC, you might check Paragraph > Decorations to see if anything is selected there for the styles in use in the TOC.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.5, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Thanks for trying to help.

I can see which layer the line is associated with, but I can't do anything there - other than toggle on/off.

The line shows up underneath the style heading3 on 2 pages, under heading2 on one page. Have checked if there is anything associated with those styles (decorations etc.) - but there is nothing.

The only way I can see is to cover the line with a rectangel frame, - but there must be something......

Which layer is it, the text frame containing all the text?

If you copy a few lines of the TOC text that includes the line to a frame in a new document does the line come with them? Could you upload that sample document here for review?

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

It is a paragraph > decorations attribute which is being inherited from the Heading 1 style. You can see this if you click in the text above the line and then look at the Paragraph > Decorations panel - bottom is selected.

The easiest way to fix this is to reapply Heading 1 to each of your headings and then update the TOC. Each of your Heading 1 paragraphs is overridden with additional decoration attributes. I just reapplied Heading 1 to each of them and then updated the TOC which solved the problem. But this also changed some formatting so you may need to tweak your styles a bit.

Cheers