You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

inpainting brush tool tool disappears when moving cursor over the image

I have successfully used the inpainting brush tool in earlier version of AF. I can find and select the tool in V2 but when I move my cursor over the image the cursor disappears and I am unable to execute the process. I have read precious discussions on this topic and have rasterized the image, set opacity and flow to 0% with no success. I can select the blemish tool and see the circle when I move over the image and change it's size with the bracket keys so that part works. The image is a NEF file. Any guidance to have the tool reveal itself once the cursor is over the image would be appreciated. 

AF help.jpg

I think the first problem is setting the Opacity to zero. You need to have at least a 1% opacity. I generally leave mine at 100%. The flow doesn't matter that much, but again, a zero percent setting is not going to work that well.

Not seeing the circle cursor, I'm not sure if Mac has the same bug/problem as Windows, but if you have the Caps Lock on, it acts as a toggle for various brushes. Caps Lock on=No cursor visible. Check it to see if that may help.

EDITED:

The caps lock may not be a bug, I think Serif intends for that function.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Thank you. It was interesting on my MacBook Pro putting the caps lock on allowed me to see the crosshairs when the cursor moved over the image, however the inpainting brush should show the circle to allow me to brush over the unwanted areas and this still did not happen. The blemish removal tool works as expected.