You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Picture and text frames misaligned when deleting pages

Hello,

When deleting a page, the picture and text frames on other pages veer off the columns they were originally placed in. This was a blank page I'm removing, and adding it back, locks the frames in position within the columns but breaks the text, I believe this has to do with the inner and outer margins that are different.

Is there a way to lock all these frames within the columns rather than following the margins or spine when deleting or adding pages?

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Staff

Hi @xGLUEx,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I'm not able to replicate this behaviour in a new document currently, can you please attach a copy of your .afpub file so I can investigate this further?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C,

Thanks a lot for your message, I'm enclosing the .afpub and two screenshots to simulate the issue, I removed the assets in the frames as it's a professional project.

If you remove page 2, you'll see what I mean with the image frame on page 4 moving left from the column. Somehow it didn't affect the image frame in page 3...

I could manually put that back but the project has 27 pages and plenty of image and text frames with this behavior 😓

Thanks again for your help!

Frame_Movement_1.jpg

Frame_Movement_2.jpg

Test.afpub

• Staff

Many thanks for providing that for me!

I can confirm that the frame itself is not moving, but as your margins are off-centred, when page 4 become page 3 the 'inner' and 'outer' values are swapped, as this is now on a different side of the facing page, which means the frames no longer appear aligned with these margins.

For example, the 'outer' value when this is page 4 is on the left side of the page. When deleting page 2, page 4 becomes page 3 and is now a right-hand facing page. This means the same 'outer' value now applies to the right hand side of the page and not the left.

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware nothing can be done to change this behaviour, as it's simply how inner/outer margins function on facing pages, my apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks Dan C for trying, what's strange is that the picture frame on page 3 (before it becomes page 2) doesn't move regardless of the margin flip. I guess I'm gonna go the manual route 😰

All the best and have a great weekend!