You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad V2 Apps not screen mirroring to PC correctly

Hi, I'm wanting to stream doing my design and art work from my iPad to my PC. However, whenever I get the screen mirroring connected, none of the Affinity apps display properly. It will show a static portion of whatever file I have opened, but none of the tools, and it doesn't move or change to reflect what I'm doing on the iPad. In other words, the file just appears as a static image in all of the iPad apps. Other apps, such as Procreate, mirror fine, as does my home screen. I've try different screen mirroring programs on my PC with the same results, so it's not an issue with the mirroring itself, and definitely seems to be something with Affinity. 

• Staff

Hi @starling,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I can confirm that our team are aware of a few issues with screen mirroring on iPad and these are logged with our developers to be resolved.

I'd like to try and ascertain the exact cause of the issue you are seeing, so can you please confirm for me:

• What model of iPad are you using?
  • What version of iOS is installed?
  • Do you have Stage Manager enabled?
  • Within the Affinity app, under Preferences > General do you have 'Present on External Displays' enabled? (does disabling this change the behaviour of the canvas?)
  • Within iOS settings, do you have Display Zoom enabled in the Display settings?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:37 AM, Dan C said:

Within the Affinity app, under Preferences > General do you have 'Present on External Displays' enabled? (does disabling this change the behaviour of the canvas?)

I feel like this should be turned off by default. Very unintuitive to not be able to zoom in by default. Glad it worked to fix it though

• Staff

Hi @Erindale,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I'm certainly glad to hear you've been able to resolve your issue - many thanks for your feedback, I will be sure to pass this through to our development team for you now!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!