Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Long hyperlinks not working in pdf export.


Recommended Posts

This is an issue which I first came across in InDesign CS4, but it seems to have been fixed in more recent versions of InDesign. So I tried it in Affinity 2 beta and I found the same problem as with InDesign CS4.

If a hyperlink runs over two lines, the pdf export shows it as a hyperlink, but the link doesn't work. In this case, only the first part of the link works, so it doesn't go to the right page. 

 

url test.pdf url test.afpub

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, the test document doesn't actually include a hyperlink. The blue underlined link text isn't linked in Publisher.

There is a bug but it's not what you think. There's no issue with Publisher exporting hyperlinks correctly, it's with the creation of the link.

Try this. Paste a long URL into Publisher as regular text. Select it and choose Insert Hyperlink. Before clicking OK look at the link in the dialog - it will have been truncated at 128 characters. This is the bug, it's only copying the first 128 characters of the selected text to profile the text field. If you paste the full URL into the dialog before clicking OK it will work correctly.

I feel like we've reported this 128-character limit bug before.

 

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.3 from this forum - expanded 260-page PDF

Affinity 2.3.1 for macOS Sonoma 14.3, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, M Black said:

It seems to work now. I saved my long url as normal text in Word and pasted it into Publisher (|Test1). Then I made it a hyperlink (test2) and exported to pdf. It seems to work

The bug is only in pre-filling the URL field in Hyperlink Properties from the selected text in the document. There was never an issue with setting a hyperlink manually or exporting to PDF.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.3 from this forum - expanded 260-page PDF

Affinity 2.3.1 for macOS Sonoma 14.3, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Add Hyperlink copies only the first 128 selected characters" (REF: AFB-7450) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1728".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.