You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Put the icons onto the adjustment layers?

All the adjustment layers have cool and colourful icons to help you easily read which adjustment you would like to make, and what it does...

post-754-0-49266700-1455720331_thumb.png

Yet when you apply this adjustment layer to the image, you get the same, boring white box, every time. Worsely (!), you don't know what they are or what they do!....

post-754-0-07275100-1455720332_thumb.png

...and you have to open the group up and read the WORDS to see what adjustments you have....

post-754-0-78851400-1455720331_thumb.png

Is there a really, really good reason that we can't have these pretty, colourful icons also displayed in the layers palette? I think it would be nice, and helpful, and, ultimately, less annoying, which is related to helpful, but the direct opposite of it.

Thanks for listening.

Wayne

Well, yeah, anything will do. just seems like a lot of wasted space on those little white squares that could be put to good use! I was originally thinking of just initial letters, a bit like all the Ps stuff, HSL etc. But then while thinking about it I actually flipped over to the Layer Adjustments panel and thought, hold on, they're all there! Maybe a half desaturated version of the icons would do. I think in general that it would enhance the readability of what's actually going on in your Layers panel.

The little white square is not necessarily wasted white space as it shows any masks you have drawn to control the adjustment. This is important to be able to see. I agree with your suggestion but I think it would have to remain a tiny icon in the corner as at present.