You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[SPLIT] Difficulty with Font Character menu

HI, I'm having difficulty with Font Character menu which has moved from the sidebar to the top menu, I cannot get the font leading to change, I highlight the characters, go to (there is only paragraph leading) It doesn't change the line spacing (line leading) I'm probably missing something, can you pls help as it's a feature I use all the time. cheers A

Hi @AngW and welcome to the forums.

The Character and Paragraph panels haven't moved in 2.0 or the 2.1 beta, they're in the same place they've always been, so they're probably just closed. When you install 2.0 your studio panel setup is not copied from v1 and when you install the 2.1 beta your studio panel setup is not copied from 2.0. You have to configure the panels the way you want them.

Click the "a" button in the Context bar to open the Character panel or the "¶" (Pilcrow) button to open the Paragraph panel. The Character panel has Leading Override while the Paragraph panel has Leading. Normally you should use the Leading option in Paragraph because leading should be applied to an entire paragraph. 

image.png.3ba5d4a6bcb8a92a74e1900ef29a3d6b.png image.png.dc1e6de8e86944dcb6135e82dd68d7b6.png

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.5, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)