You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Everyone-

Will start by saying I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys tinkering with Affinity to create things for personal use. By no means am I anything close to the professional capabilities of everyone in these threads.

When I first purchased Designer, it came with the free Iconic Graphic & Logo Templates by The Vector Lab. It was cool to have a "head start" with these logos and play with creating new things.

My question: Does anyone know where I might be able to find additional free logo templates and designs like those in the Iconic Pack or otherwise? 

Thank you!!

Apple MacBook Pro (2020) | M1 - 8gb Ram - 256gb HD | Ventura 13.5

Affinity | Photo | Designer | Publisher | 1.10.6

What are you wanting to eventually do with the logos?
In other words, will you be sharing them with other people, or using them commercially, or just privately experimenting, or something else?

Does the style of the logos matter?
In other words, do you want ‘logo templates’ which look like those in the Vector Lab pack, or does it not matter?

What is it about those specific logos that you are interested in?
In other words, what will you want to do with the logos while working with the Affinity applications?

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

What are you wanting to eventually do with the logos?

Hi Garry- At this time, I'm not an expert at Affinity and mainly learning the tools for personal use. In this case, I'm creating a branded family logo for a family plan we are writing together.

In other words, will you be sharing them with other people, or using them commercially, or just privately experimenting, or something else?

See above. Personal at this time. If I ever got confident enough with the tools, maybe I'd consider small-time consulting. Right now- personal.

Does the style of the logos matter?

I'd love to learn not just the tools but also the creativity end. So, experimenting with a lot of styles would be great.

In other words, do you want ‘logo templates’ which look like those in the Vector Lab pack, or does it not matter?

Yes, I don't feel confident creating my own at this point. Templates help me get started and see how the pros set them up, etc. Still, it'd be great to see the process a pro takes when starting with a blank canvas.

What is it about those specific logos that you are interested in?

Nothing really. I'm just learning. The iconic pack is really my first experience. So, seeing more packs with different styles or otherwise would be great.

In other words, what will you want to do with the logos while working with the Affinity applications?

Tooling around. Learning. Playing with settings, seeing how a pro created it. I may modify them to test my skills, etc. 

Hi Garry- Thank you for the clarifying questions. I answered them under each question above. Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks for the answers.

I don’t know of any icon template packs, off the top of my head, but there will be lots of things in the Resources section https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/11-resources/ of these forums which might be useful.

The Tutorials section https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/9-tutorials-serif-and-customer-created-tutorials/ of the forums is often a good place to find videos of people who create logos from scratch, so that’s also a good place to look.

Your requirements are quite wide-ranging so it’s difficult to give specific advice.

Try having a look around in the areas I mentioned and if you can’t find what you want then come back to us and someone will probably have better ideas than me.

Also, try looking at the Pixabay section in the Stock Panel and tick Vector. There are lots of vector drawings in there to experiment with.

If all else fails you can always find an SVG icon on the web somewhere, open it in the Affinity application, copy the layers and paste them into a new document to experiment with but be aware that some SVG icons aren’t purely vector (and/or some will not open nicely in the Affinity applications).

Thanks again, Garry. You've given me a fantastic list to check out. I'll look forward to working with these resources!

"Your requirements are quite wide-ranging so it’s difficult to give specific advice."

I certainly understand. As a beginner, it seems creating a logo in Affinity is both a technical process and a creative process. I don't have lots of experience with either. From a technical standpoint, I am definitely getting better with Affinity but still need to learn more. In regards to logos, I'd love to learn more about the creative process- what process do creators go through to develop their ideas? ...Going to a design school is not an option for me but would still love to have an idea where I can get educated at the beginner level!

Thank you!

Most of the regular (and some not-so-regular) forum members will be able to help with specific issues if you have them.
So try something, and if it’s not quite how you want it, post a new thread in the Questions section showing us what you have and telling us what you want to do with it. You will probably get more than one answer.

One place to look for inspiration on the creative process, and other things, is Affinity Spotlight: https://affinityspotlight.com/
There are loads of really interesting articles in there and it’s all Affinity-related stuff (curated by Serif), so no trying to convert one workflow to another.
I would recommend having a look, and being amazed.