You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher next frame page number TO PDF hyperlink

It would be incredible if I had an option to turn my page numbers into automatic internal pdf links that jump to the target page number.

Obviously I could do that manually, but the entire point of "next frame page number" is it automatically updates when you insert a page.

Agreed, this would be nice. Also Insert Hyperlink > Page > should have options for Next Page, Previous Page, First Page, Last Page.

I assume (hope?) Serif has all of these interactive features on a wishlist but is holding them to add all at once. There's little point in adding one of them at a time since you'd need a wide range of new interaction features to create truly interactive documents.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 2 months later...

I'd like to second the request for hyperlinks to 'next page' and 'previous page'. This feature is crucial for lengthy PDF documents, if they are to be easy to use, and it is currently a real slog in Publisher to create individual 'next' and 'previous' links for each page. It would be really helpful if Publisher could have this feature soon.

A great additional feature would be the ability to attach hyperlinks to graphics (for example, left- and right-arrows).

3 hours ago, David Entwistle said:

A great additional feature would be the ability to attach hyperlinks to graphics (for example, left- and right-arrows).

You can already do this with Affinity. Select any object and choose Insert Hyperlink. It won't change the appearance of the object, that's up to you.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)