You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues with PDFs from Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

New to Affinity products in 2023 and I love them, especially the pricing. (I've been doing DTP since 1987)

However I have had an issue with exporting PDFs and having the text run together to create big strings of letters that can't be spoken by the computer or spell checked in various programs. It is eliminating the spaces betweens words. It does not happen with most f the text and seems to occur more at the beginning of paragraphs.

Thought this might have more to do with an Adobe tactic, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, Steve

• Staff

Hi @Steve Jerman

Welcome to the forums.

Can you provide some screenshots of how the file looks in Publisher also showing the font used compared to the exported PDF?

It's also worth making sure you're running the latest version, this being 1.10.6 which can be downloaded from the store you purchased the app from.