You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DWG Issues / Text Box Issues / Random Crashing

polypoly

Hello everyone!

I hope you had a great break and happy new year!

I wanted to update you on the DWG/DXF issue. When I first opened the files with Publisher, they loaded beautifully and I was really impressed with the work to import so easily and cleanly. However, when I saved and reopened the file, it scaled the DWG to 100%. This is an issue because most DWGs are drawn at a 1:1 scale, not to A3, so I usually have to scale them down.

I also had some trouble with the files crashing a few times when I tried to load them in Publisher. I sent reports through Apple, but I'm unable to use DWG/DXF at all at the moment because the files aren't holding in place in Publisher - very frustrating.

Secondly, the text boxes - for some reason Frame text tool is completely unusable. Please see picture.

I'm really getting nervous about the amount of bugs in V2, I need confidence with this type of software, I lost half a days work on this yesterday (great start to the year). Will this be all a bit more settled soon? I might go back to V1.

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 14.33.39.png

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't see an option for place - I was drag and dropping. I can't import through the File > Import Content as DWGs are greyed out.

I can rasterize it to pixels when it is in, should I look to do this in the future? Woul rather have some editability...

I've never used Ctrl to do that before... Is there a setting to change that to automatic? Didn;t notice that with V1...?

Thanks so much

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 09.22.07.png

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 09.23.33.png

• Staff

Hi @polypoly,

As well as dragging and dropping, you can use the Place Image Tool in the toolbar to put a DWG into an existing file, but you can also open a DWG directly using File, Open.

That aside, I've done some investigating and it does seem like there's a bug here with linked DWGs.  It doesn't seem to affect embedded files, so as a short-term workaround, you could go to the Resource Manager (on the Window menu), select your DWG file and click the Embed button, then save your document.

I'll keep digging around to find out when linked DWGs stopped working properly.

Tim

• Staff

Hi @polypoly,

I missed your question about changing the spacing setting.  It's part of the paragraph style.  One of the spacing settings is "Space After Paragraph":

image.png

If you set that to 0, you won't have spaces after a paragraph.

Re DWG, you're on v2.0.3, which fixes the problem I thought you were having.  Could you record a clip of the document being rescaled to 100% when it is reopened?  I'm not sure what is happening.

Re Selections, you can change how the marquee selects things in preferences.  It can either be so the entire object needs to be dragged over to select it, or partially dragged over to select it.  One other question - is "Seating Area Precedents" a clipped image?

Regards,

Tim