You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MY experience with Publisher 2 (Windows 10) so far

MEINE bisherigen Erfahrungen mit Publisher 2 (Windows 10):

Die von mir genutzten Funktionen arbeiten wie erwartet – bis auf „Bücher“!

Im Vergleich zur Version 2.0 konnte ich zwar mit der Version 2.0.3 erfolgreich Bücher erstellen, die aber nach wie vor unerwartet abstürzen. Manchmal läßt sich der Verursacher das Absturzes ermitteln (in einem Fall waren es auf einer ersten Seite vorhandenen eps-Dateien. Dass diese Dateien in der Mitte des Dokumentes auch vorkommen und nicht zum Absturz führen ist mir unerklärlich.)

Manchmal ist der Absturz völlig unerwartet und nicht immer reproduzierbar.

Weiterhin passieren Abstürze, wenn innerhalb der geöffneten Kapitel eines Buches Bilder und/oder Texte kopiert werden sollen. Nach Ctrl C stürzt Publisher ab – aber eben auch nicht immer???

Im Moment würde ich also abraten, die schöne Möglichkeit der Bücher für ein ernsthaftes Vorhaben anzuwenden.

Mit den besten Wünschen zum neuen Jahr.

Wolfgang

The functions I use work as expected - except for "books"!

Compared to version 2.0, I was able to create books successfully with version 2.0.3, but they still crash unexpectedly. Sometimes the cause of the crash can be found (in one case it was eps-files on the first page). The fact that these files also occur in the middle of the document and do not cause the crash is inexplicable to me).

Sometimes the crash is completely unexpected and not always reproducible.

Furthermore, crashes happen when pictures and/or texts are to be copied within the open chapters of a book. After Ctrl C, Publisher crashes - but not always???

So at the moment I would advise against using the nice option of books for a serious project.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

With best wishes for the new year.

Wolfgang

Translated with www.DeepL.com

• 2 weeks later...

@wolboe  Are you still experiencing these crashes?  If so, could you create a new post, with any new information, and submit it in the Forums Section, Report A Bug in Affinity Publisher V2, Publisher 2 Bugs found on Windows ?  I am sure the team will want to know about this.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9