You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export not working

Phil_B

I've been working on an Affinity Publisher 2 2pp A4 document.

Yesterday everything was fine, including the PDF export.

Today, upon opening the document again, I couldn't export to PDF - or print the document in any way. It just crashes every time.

Pertinent points:

• Publisher 2.0.0 (Mac)
  • Ventura 13.0
  • No software updates on anything except Microsoft Office since yesterday when everything worked fine.
  • Crashes occur whether using Publisher, Designer or Photo Persona.

I'm mothballing version 2 until some updates arrive.

Yes! I've been working on a project for weeks in Designer 2 and Photo 2 interchangeably, and have had zero performances issues or export issues when it comes to png or jpg, but now that I am trying to export to PDF it just causes the program to freeze/crash. This is super disappointing as I'm working on a project that needs to be exported and printed for product purposes. All text has been outlined/converted to curves. 

Tried the Preflight check, didn't work for me. Super frustrating as this is literally the last step before printing. 

I am having the same problem — simple 2-page document. I can print it but cannot export to pdf or Adobe pdf (what is the difference?), nor can I use the PDF option from the print dialog. Program simply quits. MacOS 12.2.1

Edited by GWMT

Same here, can't print a specific document any more after updating to Ventura 13.1. Exporting a pdf from the document is also slow after the update. Found that the font 'Chalkduster' form Apple is causing the problem. After changing that font it works just fine. No problems with other documents. Note that Designer and Photo have the same problem with this specific document.