You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Publisher] Create button is greyed out

Hi @Ashokatanya,

don't know if this will help.

Normally the dialog should look like this with a list of format presets grouped bei "print", "press ready", etc. in the left area. Above there is a select dropdown to jump to a group in the list:

image.png.2c7360bde40c769df0edbaf944e32a8b.png

1) If you open this group select: does the dropdown show any group names as selectable options ? If so, can you select one of these ? What happens next ?

2) If you close Publisher and restart the app with CTRL-key pressed during the whole startup process you might get to an interfering dialog (before splash screen shows up) where you can reset application user settings:

image.png.f02eec40b291bbdec579eac396da6867.png

If you follow the "clear" procedure (maybe reset all options for "Affinity Publisher 2") - does this change the appearence in the new dialog after restart Publisher ?

It would be helpfull to provide some informations about your Windows Version and hardware specification for the support team.

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3447, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.

Hope this helps.
I got very frustrated that the same issue happened.   After a bit of fiddling I realised that the Categories - Print : Web  etc. were "Empty" and therefore the create button was blanked out. 
1. What i did was go to the lower  corner , if you hover over the Icon it shows Create Preset.
2. Click Create Preset
3. Select Category
4. Add Description
5. Click OK 

And now the List that was blank will show the "Category" with the created preset as a sub category
and the Create button will be active

a1.png

A2.png

@Townsend Thanks for your efforts! But it’s not really your job as a paying customer to find workarounds for broken core features. These situations should simply not happen! Just for my personal interest and before you recreate the whole preset list by hand: what happens, if you reset the user settings on app start as described above? If this doesn‘t work, what if you uninstall the v2 apps completely - including user settings and do a complete new 2.0.3 installation from scratch? Will the presets still be missing ?

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3447, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.