You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zooming with Spacebar + left mouse

Please introduce a spacebar to zoom option in Affinity apps, it is much more accessible. For people who have acces to a three (or more button) mouse and/ or a pen tablet with remappable buttons, it would be neat to set zooming to Spacebar. I don't like the Ctrl+Spacebar zoom, especially since you need to press Ctrl first.

However, with the aforementioned input devices, it is fair to assume users can leverage a middle mouse button to pan their view. I for one never use spacebar for panning at all. Whereas in Krita, I am able to opt to zooming by pressing just the spacebar and click dragging my pen. Anyone who wants a simplified zooming experience should be able to configure this, whereas those without such devices can still use the existing navigation methods.