You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Exposure X7 as a plugin

I recently updated from Affinity 1.10.5 and Exposure X6 to  Affinity Photo 2.0.0 and Exposure X7. Recently I inquired if X6 was compatible with Affinity and was told it should. However, after exhausting all that I know to do, I could never get them to work together. So, I have now updated to the newest versions of both programs and to my disappointment, I cannot use X7 as a plugin with Affinity. To be clear, I can move from X7 to Affinity, but I cannot move from Affinity to X7 (which is my preference). All the tutorials and steps I've watched thus far have not helped at all, which makes me think the two will never be compatible. If X7 it's compatible, is it possible for someone to do a step by step tutorial/outline on setting X7 up as a plugin in Affinity Photo 2?
Thank you for your time and support.

Which OS are you on? I'm on Mac Catalina at the moment and Exposure 7 works fine for me, I have the plugin installed to the Photoshop plugin folder but also to Affinity's default plugin folder, this was set up during install and I used the custom path option to add the affinity plugin folder to the install locations.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you Firstdefence,

Good news first, it appears I have it working now!

I've seen mentions of the Plugin folder in Affinity, but no step-by-step instructions (online tutorials seem to avoid that route). The trick was navigating to the plugin folder using the custom path option, it was very convoluted, but I got there. Once installed into Affinity's plugin folder, X7 automatically appeared as a plugin under the filters menu.

I have made an initial test run and everything seems to work fine.

BTW: I use Mac Monterey 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GHL said:

In my experience X7 does not work as a plug-in in either v1 or v2 of Affinity, but isn't the end of the world.

Works fine for me and also @CarlsonT and I too run Mac Monterey 12.6.1

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Glad it works for you!  I am running a PC system but heaven knows why that particular plugin doesn't work.  Others do!  I appreciate that you may have to follow through to a folder etc., which I have been careful about.  But it's an occasional thing, so I can go there directly outside of Affinity.  

I do appreciate the forum, though.  Very nice 🙂