You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlink to Phone, Form filling feature.

Hi,

I've been using Publisher for quite some time now and I really love it, it's smooth and light on the hardware. And now I came across to use hyperlinks and realised that it will be great if there can be few more simple features such as:

• Phone number hyperlink, since nowadays most of pdf files are looked digitally/on the phone. I'll be great if one can click on the phone number and go straight to dialling app, or any other chat app linked with the phone number.
  • Form filling feature, it will be great to be able to export .pdf files in which one can digitally fill in forms designed with Publisher, by just typing in it and putting a signature.

There are also some interface features that would be good but I don't want to fill this post with it now.

Cheers

For phone numbers, you can create a URL hyperlink using the tel: protocol.

See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1009181/url-scheme-for-phone-call

I definitely agree with the desire for a form filling feature. So far I've needed it rarely enough that I can use https://www.sejda.com/pdf-forms to add fillable fields after the fact, but I have some things I've done with Adobe InDesign that are too complex to use that post-processing strategy every time. I *REALLY* wish Affinity Publisher made form filling fields possible.