You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes when adding or removing an auto-correct "replace" item

DavidOD

Hi everyone.
I recently found a new issue after adding or removing an item in an existent or new language list for replacement.
After filling in a new text to replace and its replacement text, and pressing the button "Add", Publisher crashes 100% of the times.
The same thing happens when deleting an existent item.
It does not matter if symbols or special characters are typed in the text boxes or not. Also, they are new character sequences, it's nothing that already exists in both fields. This happens whether or not a document is open.

I'm using version 1.10.5.1342 on Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19044).
I also tried restarting, but the issue persists.

Is there anything else I can try before reinstalling?

You may want to try the solution in this topic below, in case it might be the cause of your crashes. It seems it may also apply to other crash types than the specific ones described in this topic. If it does not solve your issue then please contact Affinity support to have them take a look at it.

Thank you, this did the trick. I had two of the updates listed there. I could also block the update of one of those two using the guide referenced there at pureinfotech.
Until now it seems it also helps with some random crashes I had in Affinity Photo, and it feels snappier, indeed!