You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Create Macro to Only Change DPI of Image

Greetings,

Love the Affinity line of products. With Photo I'm trying to create a macro to change the DPI of my screen shot images (144) to 72. I create a one step Macro that is 

• Resize Document
  • Uncheck Resample (which greys out the size fields)
  • Set DPI to 72

While this works for the currently selected image (say 1500 x 627) when I apply it to any other image size (like something that is 4:3) it also changes and distorts the image to the 1500x627 size.

I'd like to be able to create a Batch Job to do this, but am unable if the images I have may not all be the same size or aspect ratio. Is there something I'm missing, and if so can we make this a feature request?

(BTW this is the Mac OS current version)

Thanks

JovialJay

@JovialJay Welcome to the forums.

What you need is one of my set of macros for changing DPI without resizing. There is a problem in the implementation after version 1.6. My macros have been recorded using version 1.6, but they do work on the latest versions. Here is the link.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630