You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Contents language error

Hi

I am making an eBook in Affinity Publisher.  Each time I do the Preflight I get Contents page errors - specifically spelling errors related to an incorrect language preference (which I can't seem to change, and which is not the same as the rest of the book).  

I've tried selecting all and then choosing the language again, choosing no language and then changing it back again, nothing seems to work.

Can I change this somehow?  If not what is the solution - to delete the Contents pages and rebuild them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

41 minutes ago, MAU3 said:

Can I change this somehow?  If not what is the solution - to delete the Contents pages and rebuild them?

If it is only "spelling errors", just ignore it and continue on with the export.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks Bruce.  This is what I do however it is a document I regularly update and it creates false spelling errors both in the contents and in the text.  It would be good to get a permanent solution as it is a bit irritating to do it every time.

48 minutes ago, MAU3 said:

specifically spelling errors related to an incorrect language preference (which I can't seem to change, and which is not the same as the rest of the book).  

You may have to use a separate Paragraph or Character style for that different language. Just base it on the main one and change only the spelling language. Here is a quick example of a Paragraph style with Canadian English as its language. It is applied to all three paragraphs. The second paragraph has one word (brun) with the Character style French spelling applied to it, and then the same paragraph with the character style applied to all words.

1113950331_ScreenShot2022-09-03at10_42_02AM.png.c1d493cc6f8827b80a9a2e03aae857f1.png

Or instead of using the correct language you could have a Character style with its language set to None.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.