You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copyright protection as part of the workflow?

Hi community,
I am using Affinity Photo and I need some software (or other solutions) that helps me to protect my copyright in case that I pulish images in the web (72dpi only) or have to send images in high resolution (300dpi) to others.  Is there any best practice that I can integrate into my workflow with Affinity Photo?

I know very well that the possibilities of detecting stolen images are very limited. In the web I have some tools like reverse image search. If they are printed, the detection will be more or less impossible. Watermarks cannot be used in a professional context: Nobody prints pictures with ugly watermarks on. If the watermarks are small, they will not protect the image.

But nevertheless I would like to find the best way of protecting my images. If possible I would like to do it after the work in Affinity Photo is done, directly in the programm. 

I am glad about any propositions!
Raphael

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On https://www.raymond.cc/blog/signmyimage-protects-your-image-with-invisible-signature/ point 5 I see Digimarc Guardian for Images which seems to be a plugin of Photoshop. It is used like this: go to Filter > Digimarc > Embed Watermark.

If that is a good way of adding a invisible watermark that might be the best solition in the workflow. But if - from a technical point of view - an other solution is better, I  prefere the better one. Is there a solution for Affinity Photo like Digimarc for Photoshop? In an older post I could see that there is no possibilty. Maybe that changed in the meanwhile. (?)

Thanks