You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request: serious control tool to check pdf after print, equivalent ai pattern tool in designer, more than two side by side pages in publisher.

Welcome to the forums @Dado22

1. What kind of tool could they supply which checks a PDF after it has been printed? (Do you mean exported? And, even then the same question applies.)
2. This sort of thing has already been asked for many times – try searching the forums for pattern for some examples.
3. This has already been asked for many times – try searching the forums for 3-page for some examples.

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

What kind of tool could they supply which checks a PDF after it has been printed? (Do you mean exported? And, even then the same question applies.)

7 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forums @Dado22

1. What kind of tool could they supply which checks a PDF after it has been printed? (Do you mean exported? And, even then the same question applies.)
2. This sort of thing has already been asked for many times – try searching the forums for pattern for some examples.
3. This has already been asked for many times – try searching the forums for 3-page for some examples.

1) I mean a tool like Acrobat Pro, check if there are issue of overprint, problem with transparencies and fonts, split the separations of the four-color process and similar controls after send to print

2) ok

3) I searched "more than two pages side by side" but not 3-page... 😞

1. That sounds like something which most Affinity users would not use, or know how to use properly, but I don’t have any real data on that. However, you have made your request so all you need to do is wait and see if anything comes from it.

2. If you search around you might find lots of possibilities for patterns.

3. It’s always the search term you didn’t try isn’t it? I only knew what to search for because I’d seen that term so many times in the forums.

Note: The forum guidelines request that you search first and then make individual requests so that different requests don’t get mixed up with each other. Doing so makes it easier for people to discuss things without people getting ‘talked over’. You don’t need to do anything now, but it’s something to keep in mind for the future.

I wrote on the forum searching before but found it all very confusing and years old posts, I'm new here and maybe I haven't read all the terms as many times as you have. Anyway I simply reported my suggestions as Serif requested on twitter, spending my time on it, if you don't like this you could just move on without making unnecessary controversy. I didn't come in here to be scolded by you that I don't even know who you are. If this is the mood of this forum in the future I will be careful not to waste my time giving my contribution to try to make this software better.
However, the tool for checking pdfs before printing is used by all professional users of InDesign, if you only know users who do not know what it is and how to use it, perhaps we are not talking about the same type of user. Good day