You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing linked multipage pdfs

I am trying to place a linked pdf into my Affinity document. My current process is: 

1. Add same number of blank pages to Affinity file as are in pdf
  2. "Place" the pdf on each blank page of the Affinity file
  3. Use spread to change the pages manually

This process is ok for small files, but if I am trying to link a file with 10+ pages it can become time consuming. 

Alternatively I have tried "Add pages from File..." which embeds the pdf as a TIFF in the Affinity file. When I try to link the file through the Resource Manager, it creates three brand new files on my local drive which do not display the original content I uploaded. 

Is there a more efficient way of uploading linked pdf documents? 

• Staff

Hi @SMS10and Welcome to the Forums,

On 6/10/2022 at 4:13 PM, SMS10 said:

Alternatively I have tried "Add pages from File..." which embeds the pdf as a TIFF in the Affinity file. When I try to link the file through the Resource Manager, it creates three brand new files on my local drive which do not display the original content I uploaded. 

Which operating system are you running Affinity on?  I'm on MacOS currently and when i try this, i get a Tiff or JPG file which shows the image i've made linked.  If you can provide some sample files with the images embedded that would be a big help :)