You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestions for workflow in Publisher

I am working on a large document. Originally it was in pdf format (can't get it any other way). Imported it into publisher and on some pages there were smaller frame of text created. (It is primarily text with some few images.) I have gone through and merged the smaller frames into one text frame per page. However, is there a way of now resizing the frames so that they are all the same size? 

If not, are there any suggestions as to how to approach this with a view to making it one long document (original size is approx. 400 pages) with equal sized frames. I'll have to worry about repositioning the images as I go along. I don't mind starting again from scratch if necessary...if I really have to!

Thanks

8 hours ago, inputoutput said:

However, is there a way of now resizing the frames so that they are all the same size? 

Not sure what you are asking exactly. I guess you know how to resize objects. If you mean all at once, then the answer is no.
In APub only objects on master page layers can possibly get resized across the entire document / on all document pages all together at once.

It's hard to judge without really knowing the file, in particular without knowing the number of text styles and the number of images. So it could be worth to manually resize all text frames on all 400 pages.

On the other hand the mentioned conditions – in particular the need to resize all text frames + need to rearrange all images manually + the number of 400 pages – let me assume it could be more efficient not to use the layout objects of the opened PDF in Affinity at all, but instead …

1. Create a new .afpub from scratch with the desired layout, frames and styles.

2. Export all text from the pdf as text (outside of Affinity) and save as separate file (without images).
For instance via "Acrobat" or the PDF viewer "Podofyllin" (mac) https://eclecticlight.co/delighted-podofyllin/

3. Paste the exported text into the text frame on page 1 and shift-click on the text-flow symbol to get the required number of pages auto-generated.

4. Open the PDF in APub –> open the Resource Manager –> press cmd-A (mac) to select all –> press "Make Linked…"

5. Place the images from the new image folder into your new .afpub.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1