You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes when I click on document setup

• Staff

Hi @MaxV,

I would initially go through a reset of the application to it's default configuration by following the below:

1. Close down Photo
  2. From the Desktop, Hold down Ctrl and double click on Affinity Photo to open it whilst still holding down Ctrl
  3. This will prompt a new menu 'Clear user data', press clear at the bottom right
  4. Load back into Photo and confirm if you can now access document setup

I would also confirm that Hardware Acceleration is disabled under Edit > Preferences > Performance.

• Staff
14 minutes ago, MaxV said:

I already did it, no solution. Is there any indication in the dump? I gave a problem in publisher, why did you write of Photo?

Apologies, it's the same process to reset across all three apps so I defaulted to writing Photo. The dump file indicates an issue with serif.interop.persona.dll, if you were to go into document setup on a new document in Affinity Designer does the same crash occur?

• Staff

For comparisons sake, do you have a crash report from Designer after trying to access Document Setup?

Additionally, rule out any installation issues could you try a complete uninstall of either Designer or Publisher using the below Microsoft troubleshooter, reboot and re-install again?

Uninstaller tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d