You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 'Colour Matching' Print options for sublimation printing with Epson ET 2720

Hi guys,

Where has the 'COLOUR MATCHING' option gone from the drop down in the printer settings?

I have read through various topics and posts and cannot find an answer to an issue I am having. I am doing sublimation printing from Affinity Designer to an Epson ET 2720 printer working in CMYK/8. I have ICC codes for the colour provided by the dye ink company which I have 'previously' been able to select via the print setting option 'COLOUR MATCHING' in the drop down tab. Unfortunately this option has disappeared. I previously uninstalled printer drivers and reloaded and it came back a few times but now this option will just not show up in my affinity print setting options no matter what I do.

I am using MacBook Pro 2017 which is running Monterey. I purchased and downloaded my Affinity Designer from the App Store several years ago.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated because I am at a complete stand still if I can't manage thee colour in my images.

I also have ICC codes for my other Canon printer that I print posters and cards on usually and when this printer is selected there is also no option for 'Colour Matching' in Print settings. Is there another way to manage colour in affinity designer on a Mac?

many thanks in advance

• Staff
On 5/2/2022 at 1:08 AM, INKERBOO said:

I have read through various topics and posts and cannot find an answer to an issue I am having. I am doing sublimation printing from Affinity Designer to an Epson ET 2720 printer working in CMYK/8. I have ICC codes for the colour provided by the dye ink company which I have 'previously' been able to select via the print setting option 'COLOUR MATCHING' in the drop down tab. Unfortunately this option has disappeared. I previously uninstalled printer drivers and reloaded and it came back a few times but now this option will just not show up in my affinity print setting options no matter what I do.

The Colour Matching option is a feature of the print driver and not isn't something controlled by Affinity, we just load the options presented by the driver.  Which would likely explain why reinstalling them brought them back.  I'd suggest doing a clean install of the drivers, making sure the are the latest ones.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:08 AM, INKERBOO said:

I also have ICC codes for my other Canon printer that I print posters and cards on usually and when this printer is selected there is also no option for 'Colour Matching' in Print settings. Is there another way to manage colour in affinity designer on a Mac?

Which model Canon are you using? As explained above, all of this is controlled by the printer driver, so i'd suggest the same a clean install of the drivers and also checking to see if the model of printer supports this feature.

Hi!! Thanks so much for getting back too me. We've done it, such a relief!! Yes as suggested it was a driver issue, oddly I had been downloading. the one for Monterey... however we got the colour settings back by installing a driver door an earlier operating system. and changing the file path for the ICC codes! Feels great to be able to get on with my work again. Thanks for your help! : ) The canon was a TS9550. I will check that one tomorrow, maybe that doesn't have those settings!

This was the driver package link that worked for me on Monterey if anyone ever has the same issue! (The Monterey specific one didn't work and wasn't a full package like this)

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/ET-Series/Epson-ET-2720/s/SPT_C11CH42201#drivers

And we put the icc code files in 'library / printers / EPSON / Inkjet Printer 2 / iccProfiles' 

• 3 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, jellyloans said:

Sublimation ink on the paper will have all the earmarks of being dull and some of the time not the right shade/variety. This is totally ordinary. To see the genuine shade of your sublimation ink, it should be initiated by the intensity of your press. So, for more detail you can read this information article sublimation printing for Epson with the complete procedure.