You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't go to Preferences in Photo

Setup: Affinity Photo 1.10.5 running under macOS 12.3.1 on MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max.

I want to examine preferences, so I click on Affinity Photo > Preferences... and nothing seems to happen. Has something been changed here???

Edited by Richard Liu
Modified signature to reflect information in posting.

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

Seems to have something to do with using Affinity Photo on the secondary display, the BenQ SW271. I moved the Affinity Photo window to the laptop's display, and Preferences display in the same workspace. Then I moved Affinity Photo back to the BenQ, and the Preferences nevertheless displayed on the laptop's display. Moving the Preferences panel into the same workspace on the BenQ as Affinity Photo seems to "solve" the problem. Surely this has the same cause as the notorious quarter wheel display of the HSL layer with some external monitors, this BenQ among them.

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

• Staff
22 hours ago, Richard Liu said:

Surely this has the same cause as the notorious quarter wheel display of the HSL layer with some external monitors, this BenQ among them.

It dose sound the same yes.  I'll run this past the QA team and see if this needs logging separately.