You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Interface Background Color Presets — way to quickly set the color of the pasteboard

I would love to be able to change interface's background color as easily as in Photoshop and actually have presets. I often want to switch between white and grey. I need to see images with white backdrop whenever I prepare them to be displayed online on a white website. But it's always a hassle to get into find preferences in a dropdown menu, go into right tab, and then slide a slider. In photoshop you rightclick background and choose a preset (several levels of grey and or a custom color)

By “interface’s background colour” do you mean the ‘pasteboard’ colour (the “A” area in my attached image), rather than the background colour of the user interface elements (the “B” areas in my attached image)?
I think I know but I’m just trying to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Screenshot 2021-12-13 134122.png

2 minutes ago, GarryP said:

By “interface’s background colour” do you mean the ‘pasteboard’ colour (the “A” area in my attached image), rather than the background colour of the user interface elements (the “B” areas in my attached image)?
I think I know but I’m just trying to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Sorry to not have been more precise! I meant area "A"

EDIT: Of course when talking about presets it would be beneficial to be able to pick any color of course, not only white-to-black grey. But what's most needed for me is to be able to switch between presets quickly

Thanks for the clarification.
(One person’s “interface background” is another person’s “pasteboard background”, or an “artboard background”, etc. etc. They’re all part of the user interface so it’s best to check.)

This sort of thing has already been requested.

Some examples of similar requests are (going back to at least 2014):
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31217-multi-change-pasteboard-colour-request/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/79466-artboard-gray-scale/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/1943-background-colour/