You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher reverses order of photos when page inserted.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am attempting to build a book of photos displayed in chronological order.  I have attempted to insert a page to split 2020 photos away from 2021 photos. I have publisher set for "Facing Pages".  However, when I insert a single page the order of the photos on subsequent pages is reversed.  i.e. outside edge photos on the left page become the outside edge on the right and the chronological order is lost.  I attach a couple of "before and after" images to explain what I mean. (February 2021 is the photo to look at -  when it was page 12 the misty photo was first on the page, when it became page 13 it became the second photo on the page)  

Is there a setting that I have missed, is it designed to do this or is it a bug?  

534674379_Screenshot2021-12-05at19_53_08.thumb.png.14c3cd181e380544ac1e28dc92577ad3.png1029388768_Screenshot2021-12-05at19_55_02.thumb.png.99748b0100addb26f278a1ff15d2edc3.png

Are you using Master pages with Picture Frames? I would suggest you do and then name the frames on the Master page as follows Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left Bottom Right. Or even 1, 2, 3, 4 would do. Do this for the left page of a facing page Master Page and do the same for the right page. Now when you add a page the images should migrate from Top Right to Top Right. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Old Bruce  thanks for you swift response.  Yes I am using Master Pages with photo frames and, yes, my frames are named in my layers panel.  However, the reversal of the pictures order still happens when I insert a page.  Interestingly, after your response I copied the layers from the Master of my original book and pasted them into a new Master on a new Publisher document, inserted new photos and tried again - this time it behaved as you described and, after inserting a page, the pictures moved over in the original order.   I attach a screenshot of my Layers Panel for my Master A.

It seems to be an issue with the original book that I created even though the Master is an exact copy of the first effort.  I can see no difference between the two documents but they are behaving differently!  

I have now started rewriting a new document and inserting the pictures all over again - this time with the years in the correct place from the outset!   It will be a long haul but I see no alternative.

Thanks again for your reply.

1239350687_MasterA.png.68b16f9ceff2eac2d45b5a57f68d002c.png