You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer taking up 28GB of storage on IPAD

Hey all,

So ive been using AD for a couple of years on my ipad pro but some reason it takes up a copious amount of storage that doesnt add up. 

Last time I had this problem, i was told to save my working files on my icloud so that it didnt take up space on the app as on the app it was taking up so much storage. 

However, despite doing this, its still taking up 26.66GB of storage in documents and data….

I’ve gone through my entire icloud and added up the file sizes of all my affinity designer documents and they only add up to just over 1GB… 

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?????

Other useful information: 

- I have a number of fonts installed but the app size is only 1.44gb

- Ive offloaded the app and it does nothing. 

C64E3859-C3B0-42AD-A694-BBB37B1663AB.jpeg

601FC0B4-8BF7-430D-94C1-38BB9AFF18F8.jpeg

5 hours ago, JPrice98 said:

Hey all,

So ive been using AD for a couple of years on my ipad pro but some reason it takes up a copious amount of storage that doesnt add up. 

Last time I had this problem, i was told to save my working files on my icloud so that it didnt take up space on the app as on the app it was taking up so much storage. 

However, despite doing this, its still taking up 26.66GB of storage in documents and data….

I’ve gone through my entire icloud and added up the file sizes of all my affinity designer documents and they only add up to just over 1GB… 

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?????

Other useful information: 

- I have a number of fonts installed but the app size is only 1.44gb

- Ive offloaded the app and it does nothing. 

Hi! It’s a 3 year old issue unfortunately: 

As far as I know it’s not device specific. I had this issue with iPad Pro 9.7, 10.5 and nowadays with iPad Pro 11 2021. After Affinity crashes it usually swallows a lot of space. Happens with the beta version as well.

The only thing I know it’s working to clear up the space is to delete the app altogether, reboot device, install back. Maybe someone else has a better advice?

Kind regards!

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard