You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live Filters lack of caching results in wrong results and slow zooming

Hi,

for reviewing a vectorization I build myself an affinity setup of (layers bottom to top)

1. pixel image
  2. error image (red pixels mark the mistakes) + a lighten live filter that makes the errors big enough to see (10px radius)
  3. a group of vector shapes

In these I zoom in and out to find errors and correct them. The app is super slow, sometimes I have  to wait a second or longer after a zoom. Plus when zoomed out the result is showing the errors much weaker (I would guess you are always reapplying the effect onto the full image but in the current screen space size)

My solution for now is that I always duplicate and rasterize the error layer, which is of course annoying as it's a linked image that is updated the second I export the vectors for testing.

Would be super cool if live images would just be applied once when the content changes, that would solve both nightmares at once. That increases the speed to be fluent again and the result is precise.

All the best

Christoph 

Layers.png

Live Filter.png

Rasterized version.png

To illustrate the problem I am slowly zooming into an image, that at first appears black but suddenly changes colors, all based on the current bug, where affinity Dsigner is clearly not a WYSIWYG app what-you see-is-what-you-get, which is our reason to switch away from Photoshop here it was more subpixel problems.