You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printed and exported before, but it won't now

I am a total newbie to Affinity Designer and am very impressed with its capabilities and potential. However, as of yesterday, I am starting to experience problems with printing and exporting. When I go to print to my Canon MP470, my Mac shows the "swirling pinwheel of death" for a very long time (5 or more minutes) and then a printer error finally appears. 

I tried to circumvent this problem by exporting the project as a pdf first and then printing later. Again, the pinwheel appeared and there was no indication or message as to whether the export was successful. Later, I found the pdf file in my documents, but when I clicked on it, it was blank.

The really crazy thing is I printed and exported my last project (of similar size, scope, and complexity), with NO TROUBLES AT ALL. I used the same settings as last time, so I don't understand what is going on now. 

Any ideas of how to correct this? This project is due to a client within this next week and I have no way of sending it or printing it for her review. 

PLEASE HELP.

BTW - I'm using the app bought from the Mac App Store if that is any help.