You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.10.0 unresponsive and stuck - MAC

Was working all day yesterday on a 210 page document, compiled from imported pdf pages, exported final output pdf for publishing all good. Checked for edits and errors today, so opened project to swap out a few pages - I CANNOT get Publisher to run, spinning beach ball, "app not responding" etc, Pages panel on left has all blank pages, main screen pages are showing content but not able to delete or add new pages.

Also, when I start the app it automatically tries to load the project.

Extremely frustrating as I need to upload a final output.

Now urgent. Crash report attached.

Publisher crash.rtf

I would love to get some feedback from support on this issue, now very urgent. I completely rebuilt the document with a new file, all works fine until I close the app, then reload and the whole thing slows right down.

Is there a support chat room? Is there any way of getting help on this issue? At the moment my project cannot be finalised. I simply cannot complete the edits as overnight the app simply cannot handle the project. 

So with no response from support (is there such a thing beyond this forum?) I struggled and eventually came uni with the solution.

PDF 1.7 is NOT supported by AfPub

After a LOT of searching around I found that this was the issue (it had not done the pre-flight check on first export, so I was not alerted to the error). I then dragged every single page of a 200 page score from Mac Preview to a new directory, and these I was able to drag into AfPub without a problem.

Yes, I did try import from file - but the results were less than acceptable - with musical fonts not rasterising properly, and other text placement and definition issues.

So PDF import is still a big bug, and a clumsy, time consuming and fiddly solution is still the only way.