You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

This morning I started with the Affinity trial version.

I have trouble with the type tool. At first iI couldn't type with the artist type tool, I only saw the other type tool( sorry don't now the name) in the toolbar. After trying and searching for a while I restarted the program to see if it got better that way. And now I lost the entire type icon(s) on the lefthand toolbar.

Can you tell me how to get my type tools back?

Regards Harmke

Hi Harmke,

and welcome here … :)

I would try View > Studio > Reset Studio, and if that does not work, I would try View > Customise Tools … and drag the Text Tool icons to the sidebar again. If all that does not work, you could also try to reset the app. Go to Apple’s Launchpad app, locate the Affinity Designer / Photo app icon and click it with the Control key held down. You will be presented several options to reset the app. Do a full reset.

And please note, all sidebar icons that have a little wedge in the lower right corner, also have a fly-out menu that can be accessed by clicking on the icon and dragging to the right with the mouse button pressed …

Hope that helps …

Cheers, Alex  :)

post-1198-0-25837200-1447073720_thumb.png