You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Increasing Document For Canvas Printing

Hi All,

I am doing some canvas prints and I need to add 2.5 inches to the hight and width of my photos to allow for the canvas wrap. I don't like the look of using a solid color that can be done on the canvas websites.

I know how to increase the document size, but I can't find the best method of adding photo elements to the new blank border. I have tried making a selection of a side and using the In Painting tool, but this doesn't work very well. I would like to find a way to maybe stretch a thin strip of the photo to fill the newly created border area.

Any ideas on the best way to do this?

I realize that not all photos are going to work well for doing this.

My whole reason for doing this is to not loose any of the original photo in doing the canvas wrap.

Thanks!

coranda, 

That does answer a question a had asked earlier, but it's not what I need right now. How do I explain this....?

If I upload a photo sized at say, 20"x30" I will lose 1.25" on all sides of my canvas print (because of the wrap. Now, I will still end up with a 20x30, but some of my photo will be wrapped around the sides of the canvas. I need to enlarge the canvas, AND fill that area with something that looks like the original photo. I do this in Photoshop by first, enlarging the canvas, make a selection down one side and use the Content Aware Fill option that CS6 has. I sort of creates pixels that look similar the pixels at the edges of the photo. Of course, this is done on all 4 sides.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.