You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad version: more informations about dimension and edit history/cache

Hi Serif!

I'm Maurizio, and I'm a graphic and comics student from Rome.
I'm having trouble with the iPad version of Designer and Photo. I have a 2nd generation iPad Pro (10.5) with iPadOS 14.5. 

In the iPad Settings section I saw that Designer and Photos take up a lot of space, especially Designer which takes up more or less 74 GB. Although I have closed some documents and deleted some history, it seems that this indirectly increased the space occupied by the app. Before deleting some documents, the space occupied by Affinity Designer was about 55 GB.

How can I reduce it? And how can I see more information about the documents open within the program? 
I can only see the size of a document when I save it as a file (.afdesign or .afphoto) and only on the Files app, but I'm not sure it's the same size as an "open document" within the program. There is also the cache of the edit history (which will be deleted once the document is saved) to be considered in the space occupied.
It’s frustrating not being able to fully and directly view and modify all document information within the app.
It would be really interesting to see this feature in a new update!

Thanks for your attention, I wish you the best! Keep it up and have a nice day!

Maurizio

FEBEE375-FE26-4823-97C6-AF72EAC6E21B.jpeg

Edited by Arrotino1997

• Staff

Hi @Arrotino1997 Hopefully as development continues our developers can add some options with regarding the storage use. Have you tried saving your open documents and closing them from within the app. Then do a restart of your iPad, this should force it to free up the space used. Another option is to delete the app from the iPad, however before doing so save all documents, if you use the default app folder on iCloud this is also deleted with the app. So it's worth making a backup with a new name or move the the files to another folder first. Once backing up is done delete the app from the iPad and do a restart, check the storage space has been freed and then download the app from the App Store again. This process is drastic but if space is limited it's the process to use.