You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make layers go into groups more easily

One of my few pet peeves with Designer on iPad is putting layers into groups. For example, if I'm working on a section of my illustration that is already in a group and I create a new layer, most of the time it will create that layer outside of the group. Sometimes it will put the layer into the same group, but it appears to do so based on which layer you were working on when you clicked the plus symbol to create a new layer. I really wish it would create the new layer in the group I'm currently in by default.

Along with that, when a new layer gets created and is outside the group, attempting to move the layer into the group is often more difficult than it should be. It seems like most of the time that you drag a layer down to pop it in an existing group it pushes it under the group instead of into it, and then you have to go to the extra step of putting it into the group again. It doesn't always do this, but more often than not. It also seems to work better if you stick it between two other layers that are already in the group. It would be great if the default was that it dropped it to the bottom of the group you hover it over.