You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The PDF file was created with Publisher Artefact when Printout

Dear all,

Can anyone advise me how to solve a printout look artefact from PDF was created by the Publisher through Export as PDF as per sample screen shot below, however when direct print the spread everything normal didn't artefact, 

Awaiting the advice.

Thanks & B/regards,

*Printout from PDF was created by Publisher through menu Export as PDF have the artefact

Output_Printout_with_Artefact.jpg

3 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

Export as PDF

Which preset?
Please upload your .afpub document, too.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

20 hours ago, loukash said:

Which preset?
Please upload your .afpub document, too.

Sory late reply your request, the preset when export to PDF is "PDF Pres Ready", only add for the bleed, crop marks.

Herewith I attached the .afpub document along with the PDF which the printout came from.

Awaiting advice to solve it.

Report artefac.afpub The source PDF file have the artefact.pdf

Hm.
Your printer seems to be an inkjet, right?
You are using spot colors in a CMYK document.
Also, if you apply layer effects to an object, its colors will be converted to CMYK.
So, your PDF contains 3 spot color plates, plus some CMYK parts. That's likely what "confuses" your printer, as it usually expects RGB data.

From what I've read here on the forums, Affinity apps are sending RGB data to printer, that's why direct printing from Publisher will likely look good.
But I haven't tested that myself yet because it's not needed for my workflow. I actually have a CMYK laser printer, so it could be that my experience will be exactly the opposite: direct output from Affinity will be off while printing the PDF will look correct.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

2 hours ago, loukash said:

Hm.
Your printer seems to be an inkjet, right?
You are using spot colors in a CMYK document.
Also, if you apply layer effects to an object, its colors will be converted to CMYK.
So, your PDF contains 3 spot color plates, plus some CMYK parts. That's likely what "confuses" your printer, as it usually expects RGB data.

From what I've read here on the forums, Affinity apps are sending RGB data to printer, that's why direct printing from Publisher will likely look good.
But I haven't tested that myself yet because it's not needed for my workflow. I actually have a CMYK laser printer, so it could be that my experience will be exactly the opposite: direct output from Affinity will be off while printing the PDF will look correct.

Yes you right, my printer is the Inkjet with separately ink tank Color CMYK, so how to solve it, please advise.

Thanks & B/regards,