You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!

When using the dodging tool with a JPG of about 100 kb size, Affinity Photo (Lates final as well as Beta) crashes when trying to dodge a wide area, if dodging only a small area step by step the programm did not crash.

Its a windows 10 laptop with all updates, having 16 GB RAM, a NVidia 350MX grafic card inside.

As said the image itself is a very small one with only 100 kb.

Switch to the apps preferences performance settings and disable the OpenCL hardware acceleration settings. Afterwards restart and retry. 

Or you can try out one of the latest Beta builds which should have addressed many issues related to these OpenCL issues!

If all that doesn't help, look for possible Affinity crash reports, which should then hopefully tell the cause of all evil ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

this still happenes with the new 1.92 final version. looks that affinity needs to have some additional versions to get this fixed. but as far as I can read I am not the only one!

at the point hardware acceleration is disabled, all works fine so far.

i do have: Acer Laptop with Nvidia MX350 and Intel onboard grafics.

Unfortuantly no crash file hooks up in the respective folders.