You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The healing brush tool is not opaque

When I use the healing brush tool I need to first erase what I want to heal. The blend mode is set to normal. The opacity and flow are 100% Is there a setting somewhere that corrects this or another way to clone an area.

In the image below I copied a circle of grass to cover the bricks. On the right I first erased where I wanted to heal. On the left the colour of the bricks comes through. 

MB_00567.jpg

Edited by Susi Gata

The healing brush tool uses the pixels around the area to be healed, so a best guess at blending. In addition to the opacity and flow settings the brushes other settings can have an affect on how the healing brush behaves. On the context menu there will be a More button, this will open up the settings panel for the brush you have selected.

What is it you are trying to do?

It sounds like you want to cover the brick paving with grass, in which case you can use the clone or patch tool not the healing brush tool, or, drag a grass image into the photo and either erase the bits you don't want or create a mask to hide the bits you don't want to see by making a selection and creating a mask layer.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions