You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picture Frame empty after updating resource (Beta 1.9.2.1006) !!!!

The problem has not yet been resolved in version 1006.

Today (beta1006) tested:  3 Frames with the same linked Picture, after updating the Picture  (TIF) outside of Publisher: 2 Frames empty, 1 Frame Picture Position is changed.

Test 2: I create a new file, put 4 frames on different pages with the same linked picture, update the TIF resource and:  ALL Frames are empty! 😩

I am currently working on a project with many linked images. All of them have to be edited again in Affinity Photo in the next few days ... I need a solution.

Desktop: Windows 10 22H2 / Intel i5-9600K / 32 GB RAM / Affinity Suite V1 (work) and Affinity Suite V2 (test) for Windows

I I have a working solution for me. If I close the publisher file while I am updating the resources, I cannot notice any deletion or movement of the pictures in the picture frames after reopening the file.

Desktop: Windows 10 22H2 / Intel i5-9600K / 32 GB RAM / Affinity Suite V1 (work) and Affinity Suite V2 (test) for Windows

I've uploaded the files. The original TIFF is 60 MB, so I uploaded a small version. The effect also occurs in this version. As soon as a new export from Affinity Photo overwrites the old resource.

The drive is a 4 TB hard drive inside my pc. No network drive.

I upload a small video for you in this moment (to your dropbox).

I don't relink the images, the images update automatically.

update.JPG

if I switch off the automatic update and update the resource via resource manager, everything is fine

Hi Pauls, but that can't be the solution. Please watch my video.

Thank you

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.