You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How To Replace App Store Affinity Photo with Serif version

Due to being unable to use Topaz plugins on my version of Affinity Photo (purchased via the Apple App store) I intend to purchase a version directly from Serif.  Other forums suggest that the Topaz plugins will work on the Serif version.

My question is, what do I need to do to install the Serif version?  Can I download and install it over the top of the Apple App store version or do I have to uninstall the Apple version first?   I would prefer not to have to uninstall because I have quite a collection of brushes and assets on my current setup.

If I have to uninstall then what is the best way to do it?  I cannot see an uninstall feature.

My iMac is using mac OS Big Sur ver. 11.2.2

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Les. :)

You will have to uninstall the MAS version before installing the Affinity Store version, but that doesn’t mean abandoning your collection of brushes and assets! This video shows you how to back up keyboard shortcuts, brushes, etc:

Affinity: Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts

I’m not a Mac user, but my understanding is that to uninstall an app you simply drag its icon to the Trash and then empty the Trash.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)