You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Brush Controller - Brush Default not Working with Tablet

Vector Brush - on the Controller,
the option (Brush Defaults) while using the (stylus pen) is not applying the Brush Default at the same way that mouse does.
video example attached:
Pink color is when Mouse is used
Yellow color is when the tablet pencil is used

I believe the brush Default should follows the Pressure Presets on the Stroke studio even if using the Tablet, as the Pressure option is not enabled

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva

• Staff

Hi Jhonatan,

This is working as expected. The 'Brush Defaults' option will always use the setting the brush designer has chosen.

Your video doesn't show what the actual Brush settings are using however I would assume the Brush is set to use Pressure for Size Variance. In this case Brush Defaults will use that. If your Brush was using Velocity then Brush Defaults would always use Velocity, but you could use that drop down on the context toolbar to override that to use Pressure without modifying your brush settings.

The Pressure Curve in the Stroke Panel is generated based on the input, as the Mouse has no pressure it will always use the value that was set in the Stroke Panel (to allow you to emulate the pressure), however with an actual Tablet device it will always send the pressure information which is then interpreted by the stroke (after all your brush in this scenario is likely to have 'Pressure' set to control the size variance.

If you set your brush to use something like 'Velocity' which both devices can do then you will see the results are the same between the two.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:12 AM, Sean P said:

Tablet device it will always send the pressure information which is then interpreted by the stroke (after all your brush in this scenario is likely to have 'Pressure' set to control the size variance.

hi Sean,
Yes, the brush that I'm using on the video has Stroke pressure / Size variance on its settings.

basically, I would like to draw using the Stroke presets settled using the tablet same way as the Mouse does.
Asking this because while using the tablet, the nodes generated on the stroke panel doesn't create a consistent appearance.
using Vector Brush and Pencil Tool.
As the image attached shown. 90% of the time the Pressure automatically created ends with multiple nodes at the pressure, and on the curve nodes as you can notice on the screenshot 1,  you will notice that the the 2nd stroke below seems much more clean, it was done with the mouse and the stroke preset. this is what I'm expecting. 

we have these current options on the Controller:
Brush Default 
Automatic 
Pressure
Velocity
None

I truly believe that it makes sense that (Brush Defaults) even while using the pen (that has the input pressure) could use the Stroke pressure settled on,
let's say, if I want to generate the nodes by pressure, I could choose the (Pressure). but that case I like the way that mouse use the Stroke presets with Brush Defaults,
or at least an option called, Stroke Preset.

To report my problem, on the screenshot 2, 3, As you can see, the pressure doesn't seems to be usable.
during my projects, I'm always forced to change to the stroke preset that has clean pressure nodes.
Please, note that the nodes generated, ended up with many nodes, making the brush stroke fuzzy at the end.
I consider this as a bug

(on ipad it does the same dither effect)
Anyway I hope this makes sense 😀

Screen_Shot_2021-03-06_at_16_40_59.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 16.52.32.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 16.52.07.png

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva