You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font does not appear the same in Affinity document vs. exported pdf

I recently got a new iMac and transferred over Affinity Publisher. I am using the same template that I used on my old iMac; however, the fonts do not look the same in the Affinity document compared to the exported document. See the screen shot document (screen shot from my Affinity page) compared to the pdf attachment. The pdf does not retain the bold font in the questions and the other headings, etc (name, school, 2021, etc) do not look as "thick" as the affinity document screen shot. I've exported both a small size pdf file and a pdf for print - both look the same. What can I do to fix this? 

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.29.37 PM.png

Chase Adams preview.pdf

Which version of the Roboto Slab family do you have installed?
And where did you get it from?
Some of the older versions (e.g. like the ones from FontSquirrel) have broken style groups.

In your PDF the font embedded is RobotoSlab-Regular, not the Bold.
This could happen with broken font names/style groups in the fonts.

Can you attach your APub doc for testing?
And the fonts?  So I can check them for you.

Nothing wrong with the fonts.

But in your document none of the text has a Font Style selected.
The field is just blank for me.
So the font is defaulting to the Regular.
For example, at the top I highlighted the text and selected Bold from the Font Style drop-down.
Same with the other text.
Exported to PDF and it looks good.

You just need to go through the document and apply the fonts and styles again.

FYI - there is a much improved v2.000 of Signika available here: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Signika

Thanks so much! I kept trying to edit my styles to get it to work so I must have goofed something. I also noticed that at the top the font said ?Signika when I had my text selected, so I deleted my Signika font, installed the one you gave me, assigned styles to my questions and answers and got it to work!

Question - What does the Paragraph "No Style" and a "No Style" mean? My Board Name, Question Title Paragraph, Board answer all have an a No Style attached to it and my school name and major fields both show paragraph and a No Style. Is that the default style settings for the paragraph or font style? I had issues with that not being checked on some of my question titles, which was making that appear as a wonky font. 

Thank you very very much!  I REALLY appreciate it!