You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Internal error upon saving

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble with an Affinity Publisher document during the last days.

It lets me save changes until I pause until the next day. After that, I'm not able to save

it again due to an "internal error".

Please help me out on this, as I'm becoming a bit desperate here and I have a deadline for

this document.

Beyond the saving problem, Publisher crashes regularly as well.

What I find really weird is that the file size becomes smaller when adding content. I started

with about 70 MB in the beginning, now down to about 7 MB, which really doesn't make any

sense to me.

I've attached the latest version that I can't save again.

Best regards

Tobi

LiH_14_210214-2.afpub

Welcome to the Affinity forums @dasf!

I can confirm your problem. Perhaps you should disable "Save History with Document"? After that I was able to save again. I also got a crash with the document. Crash report ist attached.

94a87fad-3bd2-490e-b149-f2d0aca5dee3.dmp

What is your OS? This should be moved to the bugs section of APu.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Wow, thanks a lot Joachim! Your help is highly appreciated.

Disabling "Save History..." worked for me as well and I can now modify and save.

I thought the weird file size behavior might change along with this, but as long as all data is contained, I don't really care 😁

OS is Windows 10 20H2. I don't know if this is relevant: The files are stored in a Synology Drive folder, but I'm working from a local copy.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for this wonderful help! I had the same problem, and disabling "Save history from file" worked smoothly. Me too, I worked with a VPN and a NAS Drive folder, so I guess, it has something to do with it.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 / AP 1.9.1.979

___

Search appendix for German native speakers ;):

Fehlermeldung:
Fehler beim Speichern des Dokuments: XXX
Speichern ist fehlgeschlagen. Grund: interner Fehler. Teilen Sie dies bitte den Entwicklern mit.

LÖSUNG:
Menu > Datei > Protokoll mit Dokument speichern deaktivieren

Speichern müsste dann wieder möglich sein. :) 

___