You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

'My Account' crashes app Windows 10

Whenever I go to the 'My Account' icon in Affinity Photo I get the screen for the free downloads.  I'm already registered so I click on the 'Already registered' link, then I get a message telling me to please wait a moment... before the program crashes!  I'm using Windows 10.

• Staff

Hi @GillE,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble and my apologies for the delayed response. I have 'split' your post from the thread you had originally posted in as I believe this is a separate issue.

If you want to be notified of further replies to this thread, please make sure you are 'following' in the top right corner -

image.png

In regards to the issue you're reporting here, I'm going to need some further information and a copy of the crash file that the app is generating.

Please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports\

In the window that opens, please select the 3 most recently created .dmp files, then upload these to your reply here.

Can you also please confirm for me:

• What version of Windows are you running? You can find out by searching for 'winver' in the Start Menu - image.png winver.jpg

• What do you have set as your default web browser please? (ie Edge, Chrome, Firefox etc)
  • Are you running any form of VPN, Firewall, Anti-virus or network monitoring software, that may be interfering with the Affinity app?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Dan

Many thanks for your help.  There are no crash reports in the location you mentioned!  I'm using Windows 10 ver 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804).  The only anti-virus I have is that provided by Microsoft Windows and my firewall is also the standard one provided by Microsoft.  I have tried to access the download page with the security suite both active and inactive.  I have no VPN or any other similar software.  My default browser is Opera 73.0.3856.344.

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that @GillE and my apologies once again for the delayed response!

We have since identified and resolved this issue in our latest beta version, which you can download and install alongside your retail version, so that you have 2 different versions installed - 

Please do let me know if this resolves the crashing you're seeing? :)

• Staff

Thanks for trying that for me, I'd like to double check that the latest Windows update has not changed your Windows colour settings, as some users have found these to have changed without their knowledge and the incorrect profile can cause Affinity to crash.

Please see the instructions at the below post - 

Once you've changed your Colour profiles from the incorrect 'virtual profile' to the standard sRGB profile, please restart your system and then try the 'My Account' feature in the beta version of Affinity once more.

Many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here :)

Hi Dan

To my great surprise, this worked with the beta version of Affinity Photo - thanks very much!  I haven't tried the officially released version yet and I suspect I won't need to.

Why was I surprised?  My colour profiles were correctly set up all along and I didn't have to change any settings.  Nevertheless, simply opening the Advanced Colour Management tab, closing it, and re-booting the computer seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks for all your help 😊 .