You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Locks, Crashes or otherwise becomes innactive within seconds of opening ANY file

I have reported this issue many times and seem to not get a thorough response outside of repeated basic troubleshooting instructions. I also see that others are still encountering similar issues. I am using Windows 10 20H2, with ample CPU, RAM and GPU - in fact this is happening on a newly built computer, but occurred on previous build as well.

Upon launching Publisher or Designer any of the following will happen.

• Upon opening, will lockup and become inactive immediately upon selecting to open any/every (or create new) .af_ file type. Behavior is that it acts as if it is trying to open the file but it never opens. Even if I let it sit for hours. I cannot interact with the program as I will get a notice that it is in the process of opening a file. I am forced to use task manager to close the application and try again.
  • If the file opens, once you click into anything: a menu, a layer, a color, an item; the program will lock up
  • If it does not do the previous issues, it will lock up within 30 seconds, even if you do nothing with the program

I have assured that all Drivers are up to date, especially the GPU and Windows. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programs (after a reboot). I have launched after clearing all settings (CTRL+click  shortcut icon). I have run the program as Administrator. Also, I have combined these steps in all possible combinations and it still happens. I am unable to use the program until an update is posted for the application, Windows OR the GPU driver - or magically it will run for a few days - but if I reboot, it starts all over again.

Being that this has continually happened on 2 computers with completely different specs, one being less than 6 mos old using fresh install of all software and programs, there is more too this problem. My experience is telling me there is something more to this problem than a driver issue - which seems to be the standard go to suggested fix.

When these programs work, they work great - but sadly for my job I need them to work more often that "whenever"