You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change stroke within group

I create designs and often resize them to use at different sizes. I want to be able to set the stroke size for the whole group at once, but when I have items (sorry not sure what the terms is for this) that are nested(??) within other objects - to crop them, the nested item’s stroke size doesn’t change, and I have to click into them and then change the stroke size separately. I find myself doing this a lot and it’s frustrating!

Is there a way to change the stroke size of all selected items at once?

Thank you :)

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Hellsb19. :)

If the stroke widths are different I don’t know of a way to keep them in proportion while changing them all at once, but if you’re happy for them to end up all the same size you can easily select them all and set a new width for the selected objects. Expand the group in the Layers Studio, tap with one finger on the first layer and then tap with two fingers — not too close together! — on the last layer. If you’ve done it right, the first and last layers and all the layers in between will be selected, allowing you to set a new width for all of them in one fell swoop.

7399D0C3-CB58-4C1C-BF63-F7857F945967.jpeg.606f9cc7b6b8f1716bc3558e7d5ca810.jpeg

E1B9D954-943D-4935-BBF2-28AE9CF74AAA.jpeg.400cba195031cab0c2253eec3ce43601.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)