You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

laying out 4 - 4/x5 pages on 8x10 sheets

I have posted about this before, likely some of you will remember it. Briefly, I'm trying to figure out how to lay out 4- 4x5 psges on 1x8x10 page. I don't want to use imposition software mainly because I don't understand it.  Montax needs to import a pdf page that's already in a correct sequence, this latter pdf layout is what I'm trying to make in Affinity Publisher. No I'm not real skilled in this sort of job. I have attached an .afpub file that I think will show what I am trying to accomplish. This attached file is for the public domain story "The Yellow Wallpaper" and is already edited to remove double form feeds and extraneous. Addendum: my Canon MX870 does not do duplex printing, its supposed to but won't do so with Publisher documents. OK, can someone show me how to link the text boxes so as to print out a booklet in the correct sequence? I assume I need to print odd-pages-only and then even-pages only.

impossible.afpub

12 hours ago, JamesCanning said:

Addendum: my Canon MX870 does not do duplex printing, its supposed to but won't do so with Publisher documents.

That's usually a setup you have to enable individually through the printer panel (thus an option setting of the systems Canon MX870 driver).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2